Follow these instructions to document PLA Recommendations for a student in the PLA Accelerator/PLA Survey website:
- Click the name of the student once you have located them on your Dashboard.
- Click Close Session next to the student’s name
- You will see a pop-up box that asks you if you are recommending any PLA methods for the student. Click Yes.
- You will enter each PLA Recommendation separately. Select the first PLA Method from the drop down.
- You will see two textboxes. In the first textbox, enter instructions a student should follow to carry out the PLA Method you have recommended. This information will be displayed to the student. For example, if a student should pursue a CLEP test for French, you may enter “Contact the testing center at our college to schedule a French CLEP Exam. You may want to download a practice test before sitting for the exam.”
- In the second textbox, enter any notes for yourself. The second textbox will not be displayed to the student.
- Click Add Another Method to add the next PLA method recommendation for the student.
- Click Finish Session when you have entered all PLA Methods.
- Contact the student via email or phone to let them know they should login to the PLA Accelerator to view the PLA Recommendations you have entered, which will be listed on their Prior Learning Assessment Report.